Top Countries To Work Online
After an eventful 2020, we can certainly say that one of the few positive things that the pandemic left us with is that online jobs finally arrived in Latin America. In addition, thanks to the enormous need to reactivate the economy and promote tourism, today there are more than 20 cheap countries to live, travel and work online, offering visas and incentives for digital nomads.
Next, I explain a little more about the digital nomad life and then I share with you a list of the cheapest countries by continent, as well as 20 visa programs for digital nomads, which exist around the world.
Important: Information shared on this website does not constitute professional advice and is not intended to replace, nor does it replace, the services of trained professionals in any field, including, but not limited to, financial, employment, entrepreneurial, travel, medical or legal matters. Any ideas, advice, opinions, information and/or other training materials or links accessible through this website are for informational and entertainment use only. Please note that there are no guarantees as to the results you may obtain by using or implementing the strategies, products, services and ideas discussed on this website.
The best country to work online
You’re probably wondering Which places in the world offer the best value for your money? Which countries offer special visas for those with a stable online job? and most importantly, what would be the ideal destination for you?
And despite the fact that thanks to technology, working online while traveling is becoming easier every day, moving to another country as a digital nomad is not a decision to be taken lightly; besides, the ideal place for each of us will depend on the lifestyle we aspire to and can afford.
That is why we must be clear that living traveling does not only require a digital venture or work that you can do from home able to cover your minimum expenses, but also to analyze on the minimum you need to live decently in each country. So unless at the point where you are you have achieved a very comfortable income, you will need to learn to save and reduce your expenses as the first step before leaving your country.
You might be interested in reading: The key to creating fortune from scratch.
How cheap do you dare to live as a digital nomad?
As we all know, the cheaper the destination, the longer we can afford to stay, while staying within our budget.
That is why when living traveling as a digital nomad for a little over 4 years, I have decided to live in cheap destinations, but carrying the same budget that I have used in cities like Paris or Tel Aviv. My idea with this plan is to have a more luxurious lifestyle, for the same money.
In the case of the cheapest countries to travel and work remotely that I mention in this article, they offer both affordability and value for money. In some of these destinations, $30 a day will get you an overnight stay in a hostel, while in others, that same $30 can get you a night’s sleep in a luxury villa.
Now let’s take a look at the cheapest countries to work online.
Note: After reading the list, I invite you to research about each destination, see photos of their landscapes and be amazed with those wonders, which you probably didn’t know, as well as look for additional information about. the different options to emigrateThe different options for those of us with remote jobs are available on the official government websites of each country.
Where to live on $500 a month
When I started my online business, the first goal I set out to cover with the income from my website, was to achieve a salary that would allow me to live somewhere in the world, while working online.
So after spending 3 incredible weeks touring Thailand, I calculated that I could live decently with $500 dollars a month.
After several months of working on my website, I was finally able to see that first $500, and while I was definitely far from being able to afford a life in Paris, I remembered that at least I could afford to live somewhere in the world.
So if you are just starting your online business or remote work and instead of emigrating, you would just like to live traveling and enjoy different destinations in a more flexible way, start with countries like Thailand, where you get more bang for your buck (especially if your business is just starting).
Digital Nomad Visas: The best countries to work online.
Please note that this list offers options for those who already have a remote job and can demonstrate sufficient monthly income (the minimum will vary by country), either by working for a company remotely, offering their services as a freelancer or generating income through their blog, online store or any other online business.
Top Countries To Work Remotely (with special Visas for Digital Nomads):
- Georgia: has a visa for remote workers called Remote From Georgia.
- Costa Rica: your program Annuitant with which you will be able to live and work from its territory for a period of 2 years.
- Portugal: the program Madeira Digital Nomads invites you to live in Portugal, and even a path to apply for permanent residency, if you meet the entry and remote work requirements.
- Spain: with your visa from Temporary Non-Profit ResidencyYou will be able to live in Spanish territory, if you can prove that you can generate sufficient income from your remote work.
- Mexico: this destination has a Residency for Economic Solvencyideal for nomads and digital entrepreneurs.
- Panama: your Short Stay Visa as a Remote Worker (Telework), invites you to live in the Central American country, as a digital nomad.
- Dubai: with your Virtual Work ProgramThis destination is an interesting option for those who want to immerse themselves in an amazing cultural exchange.
- Thailand: if you have sufficient income, Thailand and its Visa Elite could be your ideal choice to emigrate.
- Taiwan: work and residence visa Gold Cardgives you incredible flexibility to live and work in Taiwan.
- Greece: like many other members of the European Union, Greece has decided to implement a esecial visa for digital nomads.
- Malta: with its Nomad Residence PermitMalta is a destination you should definitely consider.
- Colombiaone of my favorite destinations, Medellin is the most important Digital Nomad Paradise of Latin America.
- Croatia: one of the favorite destinations of thousands of digital nomads, thanks to its program. Croatia, your New Office.
- Germany: this world power offers a Visa for Freelancerswhich allows you to live and work remotely and independently in Germany for up to 3 years.
- Estonia: another of the European countries offering a Visa For Digital Nomads.
- Iceland: this exotic destination offers a Long Stay Visa for Remote Workers and their families.
- Barbados: has a special visa to live and work online called Barbados Welcome Stamp.
- Bermuda: your program Work From Bermuda offers visas to work online from its territory.
- Cayman Islands: the option Global Citizen Concierge is ideal for working remotely.
- Bahamas: Bahamas Extended Access Travel Stay
20 ideas to work online and earn money from home.
- Offer your Virtual Assistant services
- Become a Become a Professional Blogger
- Create a YouTube channel
- Create an online store and Drop-Shipping
- Work as an online translator
- Offers copywriter services
- Works as Community Manager
- Work as Social Media Manager
- Sell your own online courses
- Create content for Social Networks
- Photo and video editing
- Sale of photographs
- Provides services to travelers
- Offers consulting or online Digital Marketing courses
- Develops cell phone Apps
- Make money online with Affiliate Marketing
- Services creation and administration and web pages
- Complete online surveys
- Launch your own e-Book
Cheapest countries to live in (by continent)
Note: Some of the countries I list below may not have an affordable cost of living for those with a regular salary in their local currencies; however, let’s remember that, by having a remote job as an online entrepreneur or freelancer, most of the income you will receive can be charged in dollars, euros or pounds; currencies much stronger than the Colombian, Mexican or Argentinean peso, and that make these countries extremely cheap, when compared to many other destinations.
The cheapest countries to live in Europe
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Czech Republic
Cheapest countries to live in Asia
- Northern Thailand
- Sri Lanka
- Some parts of China
Cheapest countries to travel in America
- El Salvador
CHEAPEST COUNTRIES TO TRAVEL IN AFRICA
- South Africa
TRAVELING FOR FREE (OR ALMOST FREE) WITH TRAVEL HACKING
Already by themselves these destinations are incredibly cheap, but if you use some other techniques, it is possible and often quite easy to survive on as little as $15/day in some of them.
Of course, you must
be prepared to resist the tempting tour buses, luxurious restaurants and boutique hotels
and boutique hotels, opting instead to stay in hostels, use local transportation and eat in neighborhood restaurants.
local transportation and eating in neighborhood restaurants.
What’s more, in some of these countries, you can stay for $3 a night or pay for a simple dinner for 2.
I think the sacrifice is worth it. Especially when you realize that by traveling this way you can tour an amazing destination for $150 a week (not counting visas or airfare).
TIPS TO TAKE INTO ACCOUNT BEFORE PLANNING ANY TRIP.
- Write down the location and phone number of your embassy.
- Be alert for any information on health conditions (e.g., coronavirus), political unrest, currency exchange, and visa changes.
- Keep in mind that health risks may vary depending on the destination, itinerary, length of trip and your medical history, so purchasing travel insurance is an investment I recommend you make.
Leave a Comment